COE DOUGLAS is a writer, editor, and screenwriter.
I write fiction, essays, and screenplays. I’m the founding Managing Editor of Bridge
Eight Magazine and co-founder of the Abridged Reading Series. I have an MFA
from the University of Tampa and am working on a novel and a grimoire of sorts.
My writing has been in The Rumpus, The Tampa Review Online, Heavy Feather
Review, Metazen, First Coast Magazine, 904 Magazine, the short story collection
396 Hours, Perversion Magazine, EAT FLASH: An Audio Magazine, and others.
– La Cobija at The Burrow Press Review
– Pinkies Book Review at The Rumpus
– Perversion’s Guide To The Pervert’s Guide To Ideology at Perversion Magazine
– The Bullet In My Brain at Heavy Feather Review
– Dolores at Cosmonauts Avenue
READINGS & CONFERENCES.
I have participated in the Tin House Summer Writer’s Workshop,
and was a contributor at the 2014 Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference.
WHAT I’M READING.
– Austin Osman Spare by Phil Baker
– The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
– VOX by Nicholson Baker
– Debt: The First 5,000 Years By David Graeber
Red Rosa by Kate Evans
The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle
The Communist Hypothesis by Alain Badiou
The Chaos Protocols by Gordon White
El Incal by Alejandro Jodorowsky
The Ghost Network By Catie Disabato
Introduction To Civil War by Tiqqun
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
Communal Luxury by Kristin Ross by Margaret Atwood
– Oryx and Crake
Philosophy for Militants by Alain Badiou
- Orhan’s Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter by Mario Vargas Llosa
Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre
Marx’s Concept of Man by Erich Fromm
A Philosophy of Walking by Frederic Gros