COE DOUGLAS is a writer, editor, and screenwriter.
I write fiction, essays, and screenplays. I’m the Chief Curator of Fictions at Revelore Press.
I am the former Managing Editor of Bridge Eight Magazine and co-founder of the
Abridged Reading Series. I have an MFA from the University of Tampa and am
currently working on a novel and a grimoire of sorts.
I also run the Wonderland Writers’ Studio, an imagination and storytelling project and
collaborate on The Next Museum and the Abstract Theory Art Events in Milwaukee.
My writing has been in Brooklyn Rail, The Rumpus, The Tampa Review Online, Heavy Feather
Review, Metazen, First Coast Magazine, 904 Magazine, the short story collection
396 Hours, Perversion Magazine, EAT FLASH: An Audio Magazine, and others.
– Saints & Sinners at Brooklyn Rail
– Aunt Marie at Fantastic Floridas / Burrow Press Review
– La Cobija at The Burrow Press Review
– Pinkies Book Review at The Rumpus
– Perversion’s Guide To The Pervert’s Guide To Ideology at Perversion Magazine
– The Bullet In My Brain at Heavy Feather Review
– Dolores at Cosmonauts Avenue
READINGS & CONFERENCES.
I have participated in the Tin House Summer Writer’s Workshop,
and was a contributor at the 2014 Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference.
Talks include guest lectures at Open Table MKE, The University
of Wisconsin—Milwaukee, Marquette University, University
of Tampa, Jacksonville University and Kansas State University.
WHAT I’M READING.
– The Invisibles by Grant Morrison
– Thrill Me by Benjamin Percy
– The Amateur by Andy Merrifield
The Secrets of Dr. Taverner by Dion Fortune
Austin Osman Spare by Phil Baker
VOX by Nicholson Baker
Red Rosa by Kate Evans
The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle
The Communist Hypothesis by Alain Badiou
The Chaos Protocols by Gordon White
El Incal by Alejandro Jodorowsky
The Ghost Network By Catie Disabato
Introduction To Civil War by Tiqqun
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
Communal Luxury by Kristin Ross by Margaret Atwood
– Oryx and Crake
Philosophy for Militants by Alain Badiou
– Orhan’s Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter by Mario Vargas Llosa
Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre
Marx’s Concept of Man by Erich Fromm
A Philosophy of Walking by Frederic Gros